2/6/09

What Started it All

Welcome to my blog. Welcome to my madness.

I am almost 27, married with 3 boys (one biological, two step), have a cat and a fish, and I am addicted to Pepsi, chocolate, affirmations and attention.

Paul and I met while working at 80/20 Inc. I was a piddley little Order Entry girl and he the brilliant computer techie. Love at first-sight?? Not quite, but close. I was in a hard place with my bio son's father, Nick. He was still living with me at the time, even though life was quite rough with him there. He would have people at the house at all hours of the day and night, while I was trying to get some shut-eye and make sure that our little toddler was too. Nick is a good guy, I will say that right here and now, up front, but he and I were not good together. We make better parents apart from each other.

So, my story continues. Paul and I were talking at work, occasionally seeing each other in the lunch room, sometimes he would bring me back a treat from his lunch hour. A blizzard from the Dairy Queen, a sandwich from wherever he ate, that sort of thing. He would make me little paper flowers. Leave cards under my keyboard or in my desk drawer. Send me emails to brighten up my day. I have to admit it: This kind of attention really drew me to him. All I have ever really wanted was someone who would go out of his way to show me that he cared. I was in the presence of "the greatest man ever!" at least in my opinion. We went out for his birthday and as they say, the rest was history. We were married on 07/07/07, along with some 30,000 other folks across the globe. We honeymooned in Las Vegas.

The attention he once showered with me has slowed to a rare drizzle. I must be honest in saying that I am most disturbed by this. He got the "greatest man ever" award and very rapidly, he worked his way down to bonehead. I am a good woman. I take care of him, his boys and mine, this house that I despise, etc etc etc. Our communication is shoddy at best. Our sex-life? Oh, don't get me started on that! (Non-existent.) The kids? Whew. Now that is the real reason for this blog. I am at my wits-end with these boys. How I long for a girl! (If it weren't for the vasectomy he had prior to meeting me, we probably could've taken care of that by now, even with the rare bed-time activity.) Little pink frilly dresses. Pony-tails. "Ruffle-butt" panties and tights. Sigh... I have to rely on my nieces, god-daughters, and my friends' babies. Sigh...

More to come; this is just my introductory blog.

1 comment:

A Trip Down Crazy Lane: said...

Just remember, you will be Gracie's Aunt Mollie. Sorry I didn't come spa-ing....I am sick! Uck!!!!! I didn't think the sound of snot coming out of my nose every second would be very relaxing to most...lol.