3/25/09

Unique

The word unique reminds me of my 8th grade "recognition". We were recognized; we hadn't graduated, there is a difference.

One of the teachers, Mr. Hoppe, stood in front of my class and the audience seated on the bleachers, and began his speech. I can't remember everything, but I do remember this: He said each one of us sitting in front of him was Special, Unique, and Different.

My mom coined this phrase for me that night: "You are a SUD." She uses it from time to time even to this day.

Mom also used to say, "Beautiful Daughter, yes!" To which I would reply with a sincere "No!" I didn't think I was, therefore, Mom should not be saying such things. But my mom is a wise woman; I have since learned that, yes, I am beautiful. It just took Mom saying it 30 times a day for the past 12 years for it to sink in. Love you, Mom. Always will.

1 comment:

A Trip Down Crazy Lane: said...

AAWWW. I love your mommy too, she is always so happy when I see her!

U R A SUD!

Gotta Love us MRD'S.

hehe