4/13/09

Family Gatherings

Easter weekend went by fast. Church with my brother and sister-in-law was great. I could tell that Zack was excited to be there, to see how another church does its thing. It was really nice to have them right next to Paul and I. We don't get to do that too often, so I am grateful that they could make the service. We went out to eat at Bandido's afterwards. I had to make a reservation for 14. Lol. I think the kid I spoke to was a little put-off, if that is the right term, that we had so many people right after a pretty popular church let out on a Saturday evening. Oh well. They made their money that night, let me reassure you!! :)

The extended family got together yesterday. That was really fun. While the youngsters and my parents, aunts and uncles were outside with the egg hunt, Zack, Laura, Paul and myself were inside looking at old family photos. That was really great. I remember Zack saying he would have liked being outside with the kids, that he usually isn't into looking at pictures, but he was having fun anyway. There were some classic long-haired Dad ones, prom pictures, wedding pictures. Some of the cousins in various ages and hairstyles. Lots of pictures from up at Jellystone.

Tonight we met at Mom and Dad's (and Grandma's, as she does live there too now, upstairs). Mom and I made spaghetti stretch to feed 13, which I thought was pretty remarkable really, as I am not talented in the culinary arts. I burnt the garlic bread a little bit. Paul got on me cuz I don't use a timer. Who needs a timer? We all have noses; we can smell when it is done, right??!!? Lol. I had a chance to really snuggle with my little Dima nephew. He is so tiny! I am used to my rough and tumble 6, 7, and 9 year olds. Dmitry is 4 but he seems so small. I am amazed at how little his fingers are. And his feet. He is just so cute. He kept asking me what my name was. I would tell him and have him repeat it. Adorable. He's a sweet kid. A little hyper (is that putting it lightly, Laura??) but sweet. I can see that there is a lot of good in him. He just needs to find a way to channel it. Meghan was a little under the weather, the poor girl. Amelia ran and played with my boys, especially Nathan, who befriended her right away at church on Saturday.

Tomorrow we have plans to visit our Aunt Gayle at the nursing home.

I hope this wasn't some run-on blabble fest. Just needed to put a voice to my randomness. More tomorrow, if I remember... :)

No comments: