5/4/09

It's been a while..

I almost forget how to blog. Oh wait, it is all coming back to me now. I just go on and on about whatever is wobbling in my head, right?? Lol.

Seriously.

I just got a call from my gyno. Yeah, we all like those calls, don't we... So I thought they were just telling me that my pap came back normal, cause I have had some issues with that before. Well, it was, but they wanted to tell me I needed a prescription for some bacterial blahblahblah. Great. If it isn't one thing, it's another. I shouldn't be suprised tho. I have always had blatter issues. I do not drink water. Not that I don't drink enough, I don't drink it. Period. I don't like the taste of water. It is so... tasteless. Ugh. No water means no pee which means bacterial infection. Yay. Sarcasm, anyone??

I have been doing the South Beach diet for the past week. I am doing moderately well. During the day, I do fine. I eat my eggs for breakfast, have a sensible lunch and dinner... But I have night-time cravings. Last night, it was for the left-over nachos that the boys didn't eat. No, I didn't eat a whole bag of chips, but no, I am not supposed to be eating chips at all. The cheesy salsa was okay, not too many carbs, plus it has other things that slow down the digestion of the carbs. But add the chips to that... Oh no. Recipe for disaster??

I went on the South Beach diet because of my trip to the gyno. I had gained 6 pounds in the last month. I'm not sure why, if it was the foods I eat combined with the lack of exercise, plus the new med I am on for my anxiety?? One or the other or all?? Either way, if the med is what made me gain the weight, then I will back off of the food, regulate what I eat, stay away from the snacky carboholic things and hope for the best. So far, I have lost 2 pounds. I'd say I am on the right track.

I am really hungry for some fruit tho. Consolation prize: I can have some next week!! :)

I am 40 pounds away from my goal. I know I can do it. I did it last year, but gave up, and then it all came back. Poo. This time, Gadget, I have you right where I want you!!

I love the idea of South Beach. You eat protein (meat, eggs, peanut butter), dairy and veg for two weeks, for Phase 1. You lose crazy pounds. Then you go to Phase 2. Start reintroducing things back into your idea, one at a time. If you gain weight, you go back on Phase 1 (or simply stop eating whatever it was that made you gain.). Following Phase 2, obviously is Phase 3, where you will be for the rest of your life. You can eat what "normal" people can, obviously watching, being careful to not over-indulge. If you gain, you get back on Phase 1 until you get back to your target weight. It is so simple. I hope I am capable of following through. It would be so much easier if I could get the family on it too. But they all need to gain weight while I need to lose.

Life is so not fair sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on South Beach! I am back on weight watchers (again)...I lost 7 pounds beginning of the year but gained 5 back...rats....I hate getting old and the metabolism slows down.

Sounds like you're doing great so far. I need to get to the grocery store for some staple WW foods so I can commit...right now I just been making excuses that since I don't have any Lean Cuisines in the fridge for lunch I should just eat a pizza. LOL.

You can do it....! Hope to see you again soon...!

Love, Laura