1/5/11

Colossians 3:20

One of the devotions I read to the boys tonight was Colossians 3:20: "Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." We had a pretty good discussion about what it means to obey, what everything really is and how it could please God. There was a little blurb about obeying pleasing the parent and God, but also that it does the child a huge favor. I asked them what they thought that meant. One of the things we talked about was maybe being able to play a video game if he cleaned up when he was told to instead of whining and fighting about it for an hour then being denied an activity afterward. I saw the shine in their eyes while they processed that, as if I could hear them saying, you mean, if I just DO IT then we can get to the fun faster?? Well, YES! That is exactly what I have been telling you for months! It is all about how it is said. I don't know who said it first, but they were right: Presentation is everything!

No comments: