1/1/11

kids and their .. "sick"

and their moms who have to pull a late-nighter to wash the bedding...

Sigh.

Here I sit, at 11:55 p.m. I thought I was ready for bed. I walked through the house, turning the lights off, let the dog out and back in, and see that Aaron's bedding is in the tub because he threw up all over it. The washing machine was full of other dirty laundry, so rather than put the "sick" on the floor, it was put in the tub. Let me reassure you, I would rather have it that way. Unless it is 8:55 a.m. on a Sunday morning and I am trying to dash in and out of the shower to leave the house at 9:10 to make it to the 9:45 service... All I really want to do is throw the blanket and nasty pillows outside to deal with tomorrow sometime. But I can't do that because I have a pesky cat and a curious puppy that would find the bedding rather inviting. Eww. So. Here I sit, at 11:59 p.m., waiting on the washer to do its thing so I can rotate the newly washed laundry to the dryer and start another load of wash.

Sigh.

A mother's work is never done. Especially when their child gets sick while they sleep.

Sigh.

**

This is my rather rude return to blogging. If I have any readers at this point, please accept my sincere, heart-felt apologies. Everyone else is in bed or I would vent to them.

No comments: